Thursday, April 10, 2008

Writing Contest

I entered an essay contest at "Tiny Lights: A Journal of Personal Narrative" in February. Winners are supposed to be announced today. I got on their website: no winners posted. Yet. But I did see that I am a finalist!!! Yeah. My entry falls into the "flash" category, which means the essays are all under 1,000 words. (Mine was about 500). They are giving away three prizes of $100 each. There are five finalists. I hope my chances are good. I could really use $100. And some validation that maybe, just maybe, I'm a real writer. Winners will be announced here sometime today. 

4 comments:

Damama T said...

YAY!! YOU WON!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Now you have to email me the story, unless, of course you plan on posting it here. Can't wait to read it!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Yes, that's a good idea, post it here!

Congratulations. You deserve it. Now tell me, why didn't you also enter for the $400? Surely you must have something wonderful written that would have qualified.

Catherine said...

Before congratulating you, I must tell you it's very courageous to participate to a writing contest! I'm so happy for you! I imagine your joy even to be selected in the finalists, then, to become the winner!!! You really, really can be proud of yourself. As DAMAMA and LYNNE I'm waiting for your post.

whirligigdaisy said...

Just to make you aware: I can't publish my essay here on my blog or it will violate the journal's right to publish it. (they now own 1st publication rights). So if you want to read it you'll have to 1) buy the publication or 2) Send me an email. whirligigdaisy at yahoo dot com